Home Technical Talk

[Zbrush] Zremesher freezes part way through, help!

node
Offline / Send Message
starakat node
I made a 3d object from an alpha and want to zremesh to reduce the polycount but Zremesher just freezes part way through.  No error message, no crash, just doesn't do anything until I have to back out out of it.  I've tested mesh integrity, made sure symmetry is off, tried dynameshing first, tried decimating it first, closed holes.  Please if someone could help me?  I've attached an image of the 3d mandala I've created from a 2d drawing.  Thanks in advance!

Replies

• corymeyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    corymeyer polycounter lvl 6
    How long do you wait until you cancel it?

I would suggest trying to wait longer, maybe even overnight it. It’s a rather complex design, so Zremesher might simply be chugging through the complexity.
  • starakat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    starakat node
    corymeyer said:
    How long do you wait until you cancel it?

I would suggest trying to wait longer, maybe even overnight it. It’s a rather complex design, so Zremesher might simply be chugging through the complexity.
    half an hour or so.  I'll try being more patient and do what you suggest.  Thanks!
  • Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    if it's only about reducing the polycount why not decimate it ? 
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    If you are trying to do it in one go you probably have the remesher set to a high density. Duplicate your tool and remesh that at a lower density. Then project the copy onto the original. Increase the  density of the copy by subdividing it and project at each subdivision. Continue this process until you have all the detail you need. This should be faster and give you a better end result.