Home Marmoset

Hp goes nuts after hide/unhide

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Udjani interpolator
This is happening only with the marmoset 3.04, they are fine when first imported but if i hide the highpoly some of the pieces disappear, and some of them get this weird stuff happening, and it affects the normal maps causing artifacts too. 

Can it be solved or is just a bug for the 3.04?

Highpoly.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani said:
    This is happening only with the marmoset 3.04, they are fine when first imported but if i hide the highpoly some of the pieces disappear, and some of them get this weird stuff happening, and it affects the normal maps causing artifacts too. 

Can it be solved or is just a bug for the 3.04?

Highpoly.

This looks like there may be duplicated mesh objects/faces in the high poly, which might explain the rendering weirdness. Can you double check and verify that this isn't the case?

Also we've changed how the material system works in regards to baking with 3.04, if you happen to have the same material applied to both the high and low poly meshes, the low poly normal map can display on the high poly and then bake down to the low causing some recursive baking errors. We've got a fix for this in the internal build, but a work around would be to make sure the high and low poly meshes have unique materials.

If those suggestions do not solve the problem, please send your scene and mesh files to support@marmoset.co so we can debug it. The easiest way to do this is to go to File -> Export -> Scene Bundle, and zip up the .tbscene and /assets/ folder.
  • Udjani
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani interpolator
    Almost sure that what happen is the second option, the ''artifacts'' have the same materials than the lp and only happen after baking/preview. 

Thanks EarthQuake! 
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani said:
    Almost sure that what happen is the second option, the ''artifacts'' have the same materials than the lp and only happen after bakeing/preview. 

Thanks EarthQuake! 
    Okay thanks I'm pretty sure we have this fixed already then.