Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Aaron Quiney

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Axemeister polycounter lvl 8
I have just started working on a new Environment, so I thought I would document the creation of it. 

I am planning to make an old European style village with this as my main reference. 

While I am not planning to copy it piece by piece, I am using it as a reference for the layout and the overall "feel" of the scene. 

I am relatively new when it comes to more realistic environments as I have mostly made low-poly stylized stuff in the past, so any tips would be greatly appreciated! :) 

Replies

• Axemeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The first thing I did was to work on the Snow shader. I managed to create two of them in substance designer: A softer one to use as the base snow, and a rough one to use to blend around the edges where the snow has been pushed to the side. After watching hours of UE4 tutorials on Landscape material blending, I finally got it working and this is what I have so far: 

Next I am going to add this cobblestone I made in Designer into the blend to have a feint path/road showing through the snow:

• Axemeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I managed to get the cobblestones to blend in with the Landscape material so that I have a feint path showing through to add in a bit more depth to the world.

• Axemeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message