Home Freelance Job Postings

[PAID - ASAP] 3ds Max Character Rigger Job - Cartoon Character with specific rig requirements

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
pixhellmann polycounter lvl 6
Hey you,

you have very good rigging experience in 3ds Max? (Scripting, FK, IK, Spline IK, Stretchy Stuff, Morphtargets, clean structures, nice handles, etc.)
You can create production ready animation rigs?

We are looking for an experienced technical artist,
who can create an octopus rig for commercial movie productions and at the same time be compatible with AR/VR real-time use in Unity 3D.
The key thing is to create a clean deform bone structure and keep all the logic and complexity away from this hierarchy.
At the end, we need plain transformed bones (no 3ds max native bone scaling/stretching (but there is a workaround for that, which I can tell you))

The 3d model is ready.
Email me, to get a preview of the character.

Arms / Tentacles:
His six arms are the most complex part.
We need easy and clean controls but yet powerful rigging.
As much freedom for the animator as possible, while maintaining compatibility with Unity3D.

Props:
The character has a hat, which needs to be able to lift and greet with it.
(So the hands needs somehow the ability to grab something)
In another animation he will pull out a sign from nowhere and show it to the user with one hand.

He has a smiling face, 2 eyes with eyelids and eyebrows.
The face needs a minimal , preferably bone-only setup for:
- pupile looking
- eye lids blinking
- eyebrows moving / rotating
- mouth open/close and slight movements (he's basically always smiling)

Controls animator friendly, zeroed out, proper axis alignments, no skewed scaling, clean and organised naming conventions (doesn't matter how exactly, but consistent).

Skinning needs to be done too.

Target Rigging Software: 3ds Max 2018

It needs a clean export bone setup.
Meaning, no funky stuff on the exported and skinned bones/geometry. Since it needs to work for Unity3D on mobile.
(Morphtargets are supported in Unity, but preferably bone only setup.)

We will provide the concept art, the final 3d modelled character and every specific geometry required.
Of course, we will have to talk about any special requirements for your rigging needs before we start modelling.

We are a Germany based company.
Check us out at: www.mld-digits.de

Requirements:
 - Fluent English or German
 - be able to write a proper invoice
 - Rigging can start right away!

Please contact me at and send me rigging examples, portfolio links and your daily rate with an estimation for your required budget:
philipp.hellmann@mld-digits.de

Thanks!