Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Reimporter UI won't open

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
toby.rutter polycounter lvl 7
I've been having a number of issues centred around my Ddo project when I come to reimport input maps. When I came to update my material ID texture I wrote over the existing .targa file (leaving the quixel generated png alone), I then opened my quixel project and attempted to open the reimporter to update the texture but the reimporter UI does not appear when I press the reimporter button.

In order to work around this issue I've had to create a new project from scratch and copy my PSDs from the old project into the new one. But the issue has happened across several projects that I am working on currently and is stopping me from being able to complete my work.

I've also had another issue in that when I've managed to bring my PSDs into a new clean project where the reimporter does seem to be functioning I have been unable to mask more than one colour using the "Mask Layers to IDs" function. I've tried multiple combinations of different colours in the ID mask and can mask any single colour but as soon as I ctrl click to mask a second it replaces the first colour mask, masking just a single id at a time

I am hoping you can help me get to the bottom of this as it is severely blocking me and I am up against some pretty tight deadlines.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Are your inputs in the exact same position they were before you launched the Reimport function? In Suite 2, the input files you loaded into DDO need to match their original filenames and path locations as specified in the Project.XML that DDO created. Double-check your Project.XML to ensure that everything matches, and it should work fine afterward!
  • toby.rutter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toby.rutter polycounter lvl 7
    Ah I'll make sure that this is the case and report back. If this is the case I don't know what it's worth but my main frustration with Quixel suite is that when it fails it does so pretty silently, it would be nice for it to report to the user in some way in file paths have ceased to be valid.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    That's definitely something on my list for improving in Suite 3. It'll get better soon, trust me! :)