Home General Discussion

Topogun Support/ lack there of

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
mazz423 polycounter lvl 9
Hey polycount,

Decided to create this thread as part question and potential warning for anyone planning on picking up a copy of Topogun.

I've had my version of Topogun since 2012 and recently ran into a licencing issue, when running the program I've received a prompt to enter in my license info, unfortunately I can't remember the password I used for their license manager (the password I have from my order confirmation also doesn't work) as it has been quite a while since I activated it. Sent them a support request on Tuesday to ask for a password reset, or what could be done, and still haven't received a response of any kind, even after sending a follow up email to find out what was going on.

For me this hasn't been a massive issue yet as what I need it for right now isn't vital, but if I was a freelancer for example working to a tight deadline and relied on the software at this moment that would have really screwed me. The forums over on topogun are completely dead as well and you can't even register to post, what I'm wanting to find out is if anyone has had any contact with them support wise in the past few weeks?

If so then I guess it sucks to be me, but if not and you ever need support in the future for the program it might be a good reason to avoid it and go with an alternative, which if I don't receive a response is absolutely what I'll be doing.

Replies

• bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Yeah this always worried me. I had a license issue a year or two ago and they managed to reply fairly shortly, but because of the complete lack of news or real support of the program, I thought something like this could happen. Sorry to hear. You might try posting on his facebook as it seems like he reads and replies to that sometimes.
  • Skinpop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinpop polycounter lvl 9
    you got drm'd.
  • mazz423
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @bounchfx
    Thanks for letting me know, reaching out on facebook wasn't actually something I had considered, will do that if I don't hear anything from my third support request...

@Skinpop
    Ha yup, seems back when I activated it for the first time I was foolish enough to go through online activation.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    I actually just changed my PC and so I had to do the License Return/Transfer thingy, yeah. Took me awhile. Had to look up old password I emailed myself, and Serial and stuff. Took me like 30 mins to get it to work (and still no clue why it didn't work the 1st time around) xD

• samnwck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    samnwck polycounter lvl 9
    So I had just changed my PC as well but no longer had access to the old one so couldn't return the license. They were actually really responsive to me about 2-3 months ago. Got me access within about a day. I just emailed them the licensing info they emailed me when I initially bought it. Sucks to hear that though. I feel like the program's lack of updating has lead me to have a love/hate relationship with them.
  • kanga
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Ugh thats nasty. I tried topogun a long time ago but couldn't get used to it. Luckily your back isnt against the wall, but if that time comes you could try an alternative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb_qIRYhYpY
  • mazz423
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update, topogun support did get back to me this morning, took a while but they're still around! Thanks for the suggestions though everyone!