Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Fl0rida_Man

Welcome!

This is my first online Sketchbook in ages. Going on about 10 years now. Graduated a long time ago with a degree in Animation, and I'm dusting off all the cobwebs. Mostly just getting use to the tools and software for now. I've got a backbone so when I say I'm open to critique, everything will be alright. So, please, feel welcome to add any opinion or critique you wish. 

There's so much to do I'm not sure exactly what to do with myself. But, this is a start. 

Worked on this this morning to test myself, and see what I can remember. Some stuff is coming back to me. Have to say, things have changed a lot for the better since the last time I used Maya. Much fun to be had!

Replies

• Yedp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yedp polycounter lvl 7
    Hi Fl0rida_Man, welcome!
    I myself graduated in animation about 7 years ago already, sadly didn't get a job in the industry but I have been learning on my own since then (forgot some, learn some new stuff, etc.)
    I just came to welcome you and to say I hope you will keep updating your sketchbook and share your work, good luck  :)

As a critic I would say, if you are going for a high resolution mesh or plan to bake into a small resolution mesh, I would round a bit the edges with a bevel, it will create a nice highlight when light hits the corners of your object I think.
    Also I am not sure if this is the effect you are going for but it seems the edge of the screen has some texture stretching, could be the UVs that needs to be unwrapped, would be easier with a bigger render to tell. If this is already baked could be because of the screen being extruded straight and normal map missing that depth information.

Don't know if this makes sense, sorry for my poor english!