A

junkblade
polycounter lvl 3

Replies

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Scott Eaton's anatomy course for 3D artists is another viable option you might want too explore:  

The course is online to share the anatomy lessons of the old masters with artists intent on mastering the human figure. The course takes the daunting task of learning human anatomy and distills it into artist-focused lessons that cover the critical foundation that every figurative artist needs to know.

This course has been taught to artists from around the world including artists from leading animation, game, and visual effects studios – Industrial Light & Magic, Blizzard, Pixar, Ubisoft, LucasArts, Disney, Warner Bros, Sony, Rhythm & Hues, Valve and many others.

It has also helped build a solid anatomical foundation for students from art schools and academies including the the Florence Academy of Art, the School of Visual Arts (SVA), the Savannah College of Art and Design, Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), and the Art Students League of New York.

“I’ve been collecting anatomy books, DVDs and reference photos for over seven years. Scott’s course is by far the best resource I have encountered during these years, it is the best of the best. If you are serious about your anatomy knowledge you owe it to yourself to attend.”

Peter Levius
              Artist and founder of 3d.sk

http://www.scott-eaton.com/anatomy-for-artists-online-course

• Square_Triangle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I second the recommendation for Scott Eaton's courses. You can check out some of the Game Art Institute ZBrush sculpting stuff as well.
  • junkblade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    junkblade polycounter lvl 3
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    You can get a head start in the meantime from lots of free places. Besides the hundreds of anatomy charts you can find with google, Zbrush has a model included in the Tools section of Lightbox that has a realistic skeleton and muscles (they are even named IIRC). So that is a really nice resource -- and actual 3d model that you can look at right in the viewport next to your own. 

I also recently kind of "discovered" a different kind of reference that is very useful. I typically think of pictures when I am going around collecting reference for a model, but when I was working on my latest, I found that I couldn't understand what exactly I was seeing from pictures alone, and so I looked up videos of the subject  on youtube. Seeing the real life subject in motion from lots of angles quickly gave me a good mental image and my sculpt started looking much more realistic.