Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Lu Bremer

LBremer
null
Offline / Send Message
LBremer null
Hello, My name is Lu and I am a Game Art student who loves soup.

I'm currently working on a project for my 3D2 course. I'm going to be modeling two assets to create a scene with a soup pot and a chair. Both assets are based off of the concept art shown below (Which is not my original artwork).

I now have the block outs done now,next is high poly.

Replies

• LBremer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LBremer null
    Update: I finished the high poly models for both assets and finished some Zbrush modeling for one asset. Some of the pieces are missing from the soup model because they are duplicate pieces so I plan on duplicating them later.
  • LBremer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LBremer null

Almost done with my zbrush models! Once I finishup this chair I go back into 3DS Max.
  • LBremer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LBremer null

Finished making my high poly sculpts in zbrush. Now I will be moving back into 3ds Max to remove the turbo smooth on my low poly and begin unwrapping!
  • Joebewon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joebewon polycounter lvl 12
    Hey Lu! 

Great progress on these!  I was wondering though, do you plan on following the concepts pretty strong?  The only reason I ask is because looking at your models, your stuff looks a bit more realistic while the concept is more stylized.  

Also, if you do plan on hopping back into Zbrush with these props, and if you're not using them I strongly encourage you check out the Orb brushes.  They're free and can really help you push your models for the stylized look!  

https://gumroad.com/l/nOkHw

Gave this thread a follow and looking forward to seeing where this goes! :smiley:
  • LBremer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LBremer null

Another update! I unwrapped my model and made some edits to my low poly to fit better with my high poly. Now I am now working on texturing in substance painter.
  • LBremer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LBremer null
    Here is what my final model and composition looks like! While I think I still need some more practice in modeling, I'm pretty proud with how my textures turned out.