Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for feedback on Hulk Model (WIP)

ChrisCraven96
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
ChrisCraven96 polycounter lvl 3
Hi, I'm currently working on this character model of the Hulk and I'm just asking around for any feedback or ideas that I could carry out to improve my model  :)

I'm aiming to keep the model at around 10,000 quads (20,000 tris), as if it could be used for a game.

I'd really appreciate any tips people might have for creating better hair when using Xgen.

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Check out the wiki page about topology best practices. Your model is not constructed efficiently. This is 101 stuff too broad to give a specific answer. 

About the tri count -- think about it more in terms of what is the minimum amount of resolution you need to get the quality goal you've set.

With the amount of resolution you have right now, you can get a lot more shape to your silhouette. Your hulk looks like a low poly sumo wrestler, but you've got enough resolution that he could be giving a pretty detailed muscular physique (I don't follow super hero stuff, but I believe the hulk is a little more shapely than this).

Hair is a bit involved so I'd recommend not thinking about that until you've got a good grasp on modeling and texturing -- which could easily be several months to a year from now.
  • philipp.bogdanovskiy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    philipp.bogdanovskiy polycounter lvl 5

Try to tweak your silhouete, look how you can fix stuff. It's a major issue right now.
    I'm not an A class anatomy expert, but I tweaked yours a bit, changed some proportions.
    You start to detail him to soon, while i would suggest you to work on a base mesh a bit more, to be 100% sure.