Home Adobe Substance

[SD] - Texture still tileable after 90° rotation for all sides

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Dash-POWER polycounter lvl 6
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to make my texture still tileable after 90° rotation degree for all sides. I have tried a couple of experiments with mirroring and symmetry nodes but it didn't tile as I wanted. See attached gif below what I mean and what I want to achieve:

Is there a way how to make it happen in SD with colormask/alphamask of stone pattern? I would like to create a node which can bring this "feature" for any other material in case you have colormask/alphamask of specified elements.

I know that the Artomatix is using similar technique with tiling but you need to have support in your engine. Their solution is more complicated then my because they need to check each side of a texture variant.

I would be happy for any suggestion. :smile:

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Yes but you'll have to build it yourself 

It should be relatively simple to create an fx-map that ensures input images are tiled in 4 directions - it'll just be a case of placing them correctly  in a function - ie make sure everything near an edge has a friend in the opposite axis. 

You could adapt the fx-map in an existing  node to do this (possibly the scatter or make it tile nodes ) . Just look through  for the function that positions the input images and mess with it.