Home Adobe Substance

how can I create a node in substance designer for double-sized face?

rafastrip
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
rafastrip polycounter lvl 4
Hi , I would like to render my 3D character in Marmoset, however I am creating the texture in substance painter , I am painting the hair and slashes on 3D planes geometry...but I noticed when I am painting my planes (hairs strips and slashes) I can not see the back culling options , I am doing the cheapest way for my render, planes and not particles, at least for now... I think there are many ways to jump this step . I am using blender 2.79 (blender supports backculling and the fbx format is updated too)... I would like to solve this problem in substance painter ... I think to use designer for create something to read double-sized faces? and paint planes . thx

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    That's a shader issue so designer won't help. 

I think the alpha clip version of the painter Shader is double sided, try that 

Or model the back faces (don't do that unless desperate) 
  • rafastrip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    there is a trick... to create a cube and convert it to an sphere and then to a plane ... very thin... but this is a very cheap way... or create a cube and move down to the center or the mass the botton and the top one face ,  there are many tutorial in youtube for creation hair with planes for 3D packate (maya, max, blender, etc) however ... when you export it to Marmoset there is a problem , double sized is a little tedious, I ve suffered some times ago in Unity , and a teamate create a quick script to change the shader to false the doublesized face. ..  
    Designer can not help me to solve this issue? Ok I will try with  alpha ( cutting off) but I am afraid of some bleeding (white points or black points)   . Has Marmoset "pre-multiplied" o "streight" alpha?  just in case ... .Thanks bro ,for you suggestion.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    I've not used toolbag3 but if there isn't an option to toggle double-sided on the transparent  shaders I'd be very surprised. It certainly used to support everything you'd need for rendering alpha stuff.

I'm a bit confused by your last post tbh. 

What you want is some single sided geometry, rendered with some sort of transparency, no backface culling and ideally two sided lighting. 

The Shader usually takes care of all of that.

If the Shader doesn't support no backface culling then simply duplicate the geometry and invert the normals
  • rafastrip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have solve it .... thx.