Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for people to test my project for a dissertation involving virtual reality.

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
JKNori polycounter lvl 8

Hello everyone!

I’m am looking for some people to test my project for my dissertation at university. For context, I am investigating the balance of visual quality and the experience within virtual reality within games. The testing requires you to test different version of a scene that I have created within the Unreal Engine.

The Dissertation:

The research I am doing mainly focuses on the balance of visual fidelity and performance within virtual reality games. This means I am investigating whether there is a balance between the two and if there is, how it is achievable within virtual reality.

To investigate this, I built a scene within UE4 and made it so that you can change the graphical quality using a UI at any time. This has been tested with the HTC Vive and I can confirm that it works perfectly fine.

Requirements:

-          You must have a VR headset for your PC (like a HTC Vive or an Oculus Rift)

-          You must have good experience with VR games/experience

-          You are able to play a VR game for a while.

-          You must have a good understanding of how video games are made.

-          You are an aspiring/current computer games artist who is experienced with the creation of assets and environments.

What you will be doing:

Like I have said, you will be testing a scene I have created within VR. You will be testing the scene using different graphics settings and will be answering a questionnaire based on the experience of each setting.

You will be analyzing the appearance of the scene and analyzing the performance of each scene and ultimately giving your valuable information to help me analyse data.

I want to help you and I’ve got the criteria, what do I do?

If you think you match the requirements and you can take an amount of time to help me, you can PM me showing your interest and I will be happy to send you the file to download the package.

If you’ve got any questions, make sure to message me or comment on this thread and I will be able to answer your query.

Thank you,

Jack