Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New project ''Shift's End''

Anthony_
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Anthony_ polycounter lvl 5
Marc Brunet is one of the most inspirational artists to me and I' decided to a 3D fan art piece of his work Shift's end a beautiful concept piece by him, this is a block out I'm currently one for the character in the scene, crits are welcome this is an overwatch style piece. Marc Brunet's artstation; https://www.artstation.com/marcbrunet

Replies

• Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finishing up the body for this at the moment, don't want to do too much on the body as there will be a skin tight pilot like suit on her, would love some feedback if possible.
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey peeps, Started on the hair now with a block out in Dynamesh and liking it at the moment. I think I am getting the hang of the overwatch style quite well at this point, although hair has never been a strong point things are looking up for this character now. finished the body aswell. Having loads on fun working on it! Feedback is always most welcome too, thanks. 
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys should of posted this first, here is the reference I am using to create this piece, the artist being Marc Brunet super inspirational artist! 
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just finished the head piece, getting them hard edges etc in, I''m new to hard surface in a way but I'm loving it at the moment, Zbrush is a real gem with its tools, any feedback is most welcome c; 
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys some armour progress today with an extract blockout and some Zremesh to clean them up real quick as for my next task I will be cleaning and moving the forms around on the separate pieces attached to the suit. Feedback is always welcome as always! o/ 
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hey guys, been detailing the suit today still got clean up to do and possibly some extras would love to know what you think. thanks
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Finished with the character for now, few things I did which I wish I sort of didn't is collapsed the mesh together. My reasoning was its a body suit so the features don't extend too much. I now realise that I should of done it with the pads and things separate, although it is still working for me at the moment the suit. Would love to know what you think, thanks
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Here's a back shot too! c;
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got some changes, plus clean up done around areas I felt needed it, really liking the look of it now can't wait to move on to the mech. Would love to know what you guys think of the character, thanks
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys an update on my character, been at the retop and the UV's and wanted to get her more up to date, I'm quite happy with it at the moment. I might even go ahead and finish her before I move on to the block out for the mech. Any feedback would be great or anything else thanks.
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the UV map too! happy with this too, but I will always be thinking I could use more space!! any feedback on this would be nice too thanks hope ur all doing great loving the work and contests that have been going on, So many amazing artists out there so inspired every time I look at the work on polycount!
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey all hope everyones doing great c;, so today was doing some work in substance and photoshop, and here's a little colour bash I couldn't resist! I love this part o/
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey all, a quick little colour block out here still lots to do!! would love to know what you all think c;
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been working my way around substance painter more to understand it further and I've loved every minute here are some updates for my project! hope ur all doing well! going for an Overwatch outcome. Something I have told myself is that I think I could have maybe tweaked the proportions of the character's body or armour pieces more I don't know but I would love some feedback thanks. Have a great day/night. 
    Skin/Face progress
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's another shot of the skin
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

And finally some Hair progress, I really want to get some flow maps in here which I think will require some more baking if I'm not mistaken, going for the Overwatch hair, any tips would be great! thanks
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys Finally at a point where I am happy with it for now, Things I've noticed during this project as self crits are. 1 I need to really practice hard surface in Zbrush, Maya etc, which is something that's coming up next as I intend to model the Mech in the Shift's end fan art next and I would love support if at all possible during that. 2 I am fairly new to Zbrush, Substance painter work flows still, but I have had lots of help going through Marc Brunet's tutorial Complete 3D artist career, so now pushing myself in learning zbrush, workflows and how I can fit that in my own is essential. There my be more progress to come a bit later too as I am putting it into marmo and possibly Unreal4.Thanks for viewing and I hope you are all doing great! 
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated on this too, Overwatch was the hoped outcome, Thanks!
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a quick close up too!
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, would love to know what you think of my finished character version 1 I really want to give this one another shot so would love some feedback!, thanks guys

Character Concept Marc Brunet Shift's End.
  • Anthony_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a close up too!