Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Face Proportion Check

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
jhoythottle polycounter lvl 7
Critiques welcome! (I know the neck and ears are very undefined.)

I just need someone to point out any flaws with my anatomy. I used Cara Delevingne as my reference, but I don't want the final character to look like her.

Replies

• jacopoS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jacopoS polycounter
    Hi,
    not a bad job at all.
    I'm just giving you a quick critique: at a glance, her side view looks far too whide from front to back. As a starting point, make it so that the whole face (nose included) is inscribed into a square. The volume of the neck should be thinner as well from the side view.
    Also are you working with perspective turned off? If so, try to turn it on and see if she looks weird from the front vew. That would mean that the back of her skull is not whide enough. If you're working with perspective on, the front view should be pretty much fine.

Cheers! :)
  • AgelosAp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AgelosAp polycounter
    Nice work, it's generally appealing and I'm picking a Fortnite vibe from it?
    The skull is wider than the "temple to temple" distance, so if you look at it in ortho it should be visibly wider.
    Other than that I'd give some thickness to the nostrils and also make the corners of the mouth more defined and sunken in.
    The ears are a little too far back, also depending on whether you are going for a stylized or more realistic anatomy, the neck is both too wide from the side as @jacopoS said and too thin from the front (necks are something that varies a lot so it depends)
  • jhoythottle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jhoythottle polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks guys! I'll have an update soon.