Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stranger Things- Jim Hopper WIP

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
JohannesAg greentooth
I´ve wanted to make hopper from stranger things for a while now and finally started working on him a couple of weeks ago. This is what I have so far.
Btw even though I´ve started detailing the face I´m still going to be making tweaks to the shape here and there so I´m not done with it since I want to get the likeness closer.
The hair and beard are just temps to help me see the character since the actor looks a little different without them.

If you have any comments or critiques I´d love to hear them, I'll be posting more updates as I work on him more.

Replies

• Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Commenting on the face as other features seems to be more wip
    His nose is spot on! I smiled on how accurate that was :D
    Maybe his cheeks need to be a little fuller, he is a chubby character but in your sculpt the cheekbones stand out too much for a chubby person
    his facial topology is more oval-like
    Can't wait to see the facial hair as well
    You have done a really good job so far :)
  • JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    @Larry thanks man, I´m gonna fatten his face up a bit. A lot of my references are from when he was a bit younger and thinner because he didn´t have a beard then so it was easier to see his jaw but I guess I didn´t account for him getting chubbier :)
  • JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    I fattened his face up a bit and worked more on the clothes, made hands and boots. Started the gun, I´m not really a gun guy so that was kinda tricky but I think it´s turning out alright, I´m gonna do the markings on the gun in ndo later on. Tried out some noise stuff on his shirt to give a more of a cotton feeling but I´m not sure if I want to keep it.
    I don´t like to sculpt details like seams, I prefer to do that in substance so there is none of that. 
    I´m not sure if I need to take the cloth further or if the textures will cover the rest, so any input on that or anything else is appreciated :D .

• alinavd93
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alinavd93 polycounter lvl 3
    Clothing wise I would say add more wrinkles around the under arm and there would be some little marks around the patches and front pockets.  The back line are a bit to high and look unrealistic.  And also I feel like the quantity of the wrinles also make the shirt look to thin, not like in the movie where it is made out of thick cotton. Look at a bit more references :) hope it's relevant.

The hands look amazing and I like the noise :)

• JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    Progress on this guy has been slow since he´s been a bit of a side project while I was finishing some other stuff but now he´s back in action with some textures. Plenty more still to do but it´s coming along
  • JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    Maybe the last update, not sure if I´m gonna work more on this guy or not, I might do a beard when I have time but I might also just call him done depending how busy I´ll be. Originally i wanted to make a small diorama around him with a strong light source like behind him like a projector or something hence the strong light in the back, I do like it even though I didn´t make anything around him so I´m gonna keep it.
    If anybody has any crits I´d love to hear them though.
  • LJorgenson00
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I am new to zbrush and I am curious on how to did the wrinkles and creases in his clothes, thanks.
  • JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    @LJorgenson00 not sure where you dug up this old thread  :p but yeah this was done in marvelous designer I believe with some additional sculpting with the standard brush in zbrush.