Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Barrie Martin

Bazmarti
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Bazmarti polycounter lvl 5
Hi folks, so this is my sketchbook. I've not done any 3D work in a while so I really feel like I'm coming at this from the start again but I'd love to give it another go. Hopefully, this will be a place where I can document my progress and pick up some useful critiques and pointers on how to improve my work. 

Replies

• Bazmarti
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's my first attempt at a model in a fair while. It's a sci-fi crate/container I came up with. Not the most ambitious model but it was a start and something nice and simple to get back into 3D with :smile:.

It was also my first time using Substance Painter to do the texturing and I really liked what I've seen and used so far as to its capabilities. 

• Bazmarti
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a quick update on a new project I'm working on. It's a mech/walker inspired by the mech designs of Junji Okubo (Steel Battalion back in the day) and others. I've only managed a quick block out at the moment to check the proportions but here's the quick concept I knocked up and some viewport grabs. 

• Bazmarti
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a quick update with some progress shots. I've been adding a little more detail and I've also messed around with the proportions a little bit as they just weren't working for me. Next step is to sort out the high and low-poly meshes before I take it into NDO for some extra normal map detail which hopefully should add a bit of character to this guy.