Home General Discussion

Mocap with Kinect 2

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Psynema polycounter lvl 3
Anyone still using Kinect's for motion capture or did the price hike scare anyone off?  I recently took a small gamble and got one of the custom modded ones on ebay and it worked just fine, in case anyone was in the market - I did an unboxing of it if you want to see what to expect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1HZOO5mFtk

Replies

• jaker3278
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaker3278 polycounter lvl 8
    Hi , yes i used mocap a couple of months ago i was experimenting with using FaceShift Studio and a kinect 1. Was working really well i plan on using it for facial animation. Why did you need to have a modded Kinect? Microsoft now fully support the kinect with their SDK. Reconstrruct me is another good piece of free software you could try out with your kinect. It does facial scanning, its low resolution but its fun to play with.

• Psynema
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psynema polycounter lvl 3
    jaker3278 said:
    Hi , yes i used mocap a couple of months ago i was experimenting with using FaceShift Studio and a kinect 1. Was working really well i plan on using it for facial animation. Why did you need to have a modded Kinect? Microsoft now fully support the kinect with their SDK. Reconstrruct me is another good piece of free software you could try out with your kinect. It does facial scanning, its low resolution but its fun to play with.

I'll give those a try but will also be curious to see how well the k2 does with Brekel face - the first kinect was awful w/ face detection so I'll see how it goes.  The Mod was for the cable to hook into the PC (k2 for xbox one - the old kinect plugs in as is).