Home Career & Education

Getting paid for freelance work with Payoneer - is anyone using it?

keyframe
Hello!
I am having a customer that insists in paying me through Payoneer,
but I hesitate to accept it since I 've seen many bad reviews about this specific platform with people even calling them scammers!
On the other hand, I could be wrong, maybe there is nothing wrong with it...

So I would like some info on how this works from people who already operate with Payoneer.
My first questions would be (besides are they trust worthy obviously):
1. Do I need to have a payoneer card in order to receive payments? I hear it has a 30$ maintenance fee per year.
2. I plan to have the payments I receive on my payoneer account immediately transferred to my local bank account. What amount of money will be lost in the process?
3. Any other fees I should be aware of?
Thank you in advance.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    I haven't used Payoneer, but if you check with the Better Business Bureau, they have ratings similar to Paypal, so it's probably fine.

https://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/financial-services/payoneer-inc-in-new-york-ny-91001
    https://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/payment-processing-services/paypal-in-san-jose-ca-210387/request-a-quote

Your questions can probably be answered here: https://payoneer.custhelp.com/

If not, I would send your questions directly to Payoneer support though, it's unlikely anyone on Polycount will be an expert with this service.

• PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Ive used payoneer for the last couple years to get paid by amazon, never had an issue, with payments ranging from a couple g’s to 15k. Its a great platform to get paid by international clients with fairly low fees. Definitley not a scam. 
  • Boyani
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyani vertex
    Hello!
    I am having a customer that insists in paying me through Payoneer,
    but I hesitate to accept it since I 've seen many bad reviews about this specific platform with people even calling them scammers!
    On the other hand, I could be wrong, maybe there is nothing wrong with it...

So I would like some info on how this works from people who already operate with Payoneer.
    My first questions would be (besides are they trust worthy obviously):
    1. Do I need to have a payoneer card in order to receive payments? I hear it has a 30$ maintenance fee per year.
    2. I plan to have the payments I receive on my payoneer account immediately transferred to my local bank account. What amount of money will be lost in the process?
    3. Any other fees I should be aware of?
    Thank you in advance.

I have been using Payoneer for years, and never had any issues, i started to use for making web sites for clients outside of my country and a reason because that time we didn't have PayPal, and now we have, but we can't receive outside money yet. 

It is good to have Payoneer card, sometimes there a delay in transfer in money from Payoneer to local bank acc. I always send to my acc, but, i receive them in 2-3 days.Maybe your bank would be faster:)
    There is always a withdraw  fee, when you do any kind of transaction with Payoneer.