Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: masks not behaving correctly between machines using the same smart materials and maps

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
Edit, being looked at internally

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    The Smart Material setup is highly dependent upon input maps. If the maps change at all from project to project, the results will too. How are you setting up your projects? Are you letting 3DO bake curvature or are you using your custom curvature map? It's important to note that adding a normal map to a project auto-generates a curvature map from the normal input, which makes it look like you've already loaded a curvature map. Be sure that you're loading a custom map if you have one to place in that slot.

If this issue persists, let's look into a Google Hangout so I can look at your screen in real-time and diagnose what's going on for you.

Also, I saw your post on Facebook - but going forward, please ensure that you send support queries here or to support@quixel.se. We keep our group clear of support requests because it can take an unacceptable amount of time to get a response by posting there. Sorry about that! :)
  • Baj Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
    Hi Synaesthesia.

The custom materials were created by me, however (and its not something we had noticed before so we might have missed it) whenever we copy the custom material folders to anybody elses custom folder (on their roaming drive) and load them up (even if their AO, curvature, etc) is completely identical to mine then they get completely different results.

The only way we have solved this is by me taking their .obj and input maps (ao, normal, etc), creating and saving a new project on my side and then sending them the project. This seems to produce the correct results (however in the long term this is unfeasable).

Cheers. 
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I used to work with DDO 2 in production. At the office, we were using an identical workflow for a couple of years and never ran into this issue, so I'm wondering if there's something else going on.

What information can be shared with me? May I have access to any of these materials or projects for testing purposes?
  • Baj Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
    Popped you a PM.