Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Red door (UE4 environment) - Student personal project

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Peter_tran triangle
Hey guys, I'm Peter and I study modeling and 3D animation in Montréal. I've decided to join Polycount mainly to received feedbacks and to keep myself on track so I can stay motivated on actually finishing my personal projects. That being said, please do feel free to critique, question or comment on my works. I really do seek and appreciate ANY kind of feedback  o:)  .

So this is what I'm working on right now, an environment based on Stephan McGowan concept art.

After deciding that this would be my next environment to work on, I quickly found some photo stock of this place from almudena-stock  which is awesome for more references.

Then I quickly blocked out the environment inside ue4 to get a sense of the place. 

Once I nailed down the proportion and the scale of the door, I made the base on Maya and exported it to Zbrush to sculpt. 

It was a lot of masking > inflate > brushes (95% default brushes). I was rather lucky since the photo stock was taken in front with very little perspective. I took advantage of it by using Pureref to make my references see-through and to stay on top of Zbrush to do all the masking. 

Next steps are the retopoly on maya and texturing. After that onto the rocks but I'm still unsure on how to tackle them. :/ 
I will definitely update soon enough with more images! Once again, feel free to critique, question or comment on my works. I really do seek and appreciate ANY kind of feedback  o:)  . Thanks! 

Replies

• Khael
    Offline / Send Message
    Khael null
    Nice concept and i really love all the sculpted details on the door.
    Want to see more images of the UE4 scene ! Fine details like yours could lose their readability, depends on the texture's color (keep it as bright as you can), and on the lighting position.

For the rocks, i suggest you to have less details on the sculpt than for the door, but to keep how they are placed, oriented toward the door. It gives you a nice composition, and focus the eye on the door with all those lines.