Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Freelancer License 4k or 8k?

I'm new here as well as new to everything. So please bear with me. I'm wanting to get into map making and the like for games. I'm looking at the freelancer subscription with megascans because I really wanna do realistic scenes and maps. I'm wanting to know why it wants me to choose a max resolution before asking for billing info. And should I choose 8k just in case I want to play around to make a scene instead of game developement, do I still have access to the 4k and 2k assets? Or if I choose 8k am I limited to just 8k? Under the pricing guide it shows 4k-8k which made me think it included both. But when checking out it wants me to choose. Before I pay money and set up the subscription I want to clarify why exactly the choice is there and if it can be changed later. As well as ensure I make the right choice. Does anyone know the answer?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Each resolution tier gives access to that resolution and anything below it. E.g. 8k grants access to 8k, 4k, 2k, 1k, etc. You're not locked into a specific resolution, but rather a range of resolutions at or below what you've paid to access.

Be sure you check over the Megascans EULA to ensure that you're not distributing unmodified Megascans assets in your projects to unlicensed users. Otherwise, have fun, and be sure to show off what you're making! :)