Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Blizzard's Warcraft Student Art Contest Entry: Environment

Hello everyone! I'm fairly new to 3D modeling and all it entails, so I took on a huge project with Blizzard's environment contest.This was my entry for the contest, as well as some other camera angles and texture samples. Modeling was done in Maya, textures with 3D-Coat and Photoshop, and assembled in Unity. 

The contest has ended and this has already been submitted - but I would love to hear some critiques on how to improve!

Replies

• AustinLabarbera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AustinLabarbera polycounter lvl 3
    Vegetation textures look great. This scene reminds of Vashj'ir! I would pump in some more color and light into the scene by increasing saturation in the materials and getting more blue into the scene. And just for fun, if you're in Unity look into the Post-Processing Stack if you haven't already. But real nice!
  • sandrasketches
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vegetation textures look great. This scene reminds of Vashj'ir! I would pump in some more color and light into the scene by increasing saturation in the materials and getting more blue into the scene. And just for fun, if you're in Unity look into the Post-Processing Stack if you haven't already. But real nice!
    It was designed as if you'd come across it in Vashj'ir! Makes me happy to hear that you see the fit! :) I'll definitely push the saturation - seems to be something people are mentioning frequently! I'm unfamiliar with Post-Processing Stack, so I'll take a look!