Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

My fanart of Raven. Pls C&C

Cleverboi
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Cleverboi polycounter lvl 2
Looking for feedback. Tried to look for it on LevelUp on Fb but it never works there and my art is like a ghost there. Actually my art is like a ghost on every site. I'm trying to reach for some feedback and help. Please share your opinion with me. Thank you. Cheers :smile:

Replies

• Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    It's not bad.  I do think it lacks clear focus, both in how it's rendered and its composition.  With the exception of her hands which draw attention due to their high contrast, I feel like her head/expression should be a clear point of focus, but it's actually quite small and way up at the top of the canvas.  She's also got a bit of shih tzu look to her face, nose area kinda smushed in a bit and such.

There also seems to be a sort of inconsistent rendering style.  If you're going to run with the black outlines and visible linework, run with it throughout - or in areas that make more sense.  As it is some bits just sort of have a thick black outline to them, some don't.  Some places that already have nice edge definition from a rimlight have a thick black outline, whereas other places that could maybe benefit from a subtle line to break an edge don't have one.  Etc.

As a whole, it seems like you've got the capacity to do what you want to do, but you might be able to benefit from some more studying and looking into other people's work.  Really figuring out what works and why, what matters and what doesn't so much, etc.  Just reworking the priorities of the image a bit could push it a good bit further.
  • Cleverboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cleverboi polycounter lvl 2
    Thank you for you comment. I almost forgot aobut posting this here. I'm glad that I rembered. You advise is very helpful. 
    I appreciate the hepl :smile: