Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ancient Ruins - WIP 02

null
Offline / Send Message
AminCG null

Hey back everyone!

So after getting the references I needed and blocking out the scene, I had the list of props to model and I started the modelingphase.

I started with structures modeling, to get everything in place and define my blockout in terms of details and proportions. I will then move onto foliage and biome modeling to populate and complexify the  scene and narrate centuries of nature growing onto the temple.

Structures modeling

In my process of modeling I like to use a first mesh as my reference mesh, to keep size and proportions, really cubic. I then work on my base mesh for sculpting, and from this one, I create the low poly. The base mesh will be used for sculpting.
In this project modularity is important, so I always keep in mind the breaking lines of my assets when it's useful for the scene.

The wall for exemple is a good example : 

Wall

The wall will be broken vertically and horizontaly so I can adjust the height and width.

Pillar

Stairs

For this temple, the important thing to me is to add a lot of details, but not too much. I want to aim for a type of temple without reproducing any existing one, I keep myself so liberties about detailing. Nevertheless, I need to keep it convincing in this kind of tropical environment.

You can already see a redundant pattern for this mysterious temple. This will be the main one for this cult that was taking place here.

More to come about modeling, so see you next time!

Thanks for reading!