Old Microscope

Riahh
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Riahh polycounter lvl 2
Hello guys is my first post here :smile:
I created this object in 5 hours. 2876 tris
Any feedback would be awesome  :# 
if you whant to see my portfolio i leave you my link  :)http://www.artstation.com/simonprigent

Replies

• Zodd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zodd polycounter lvl 11
    Hey,

Good work, one thing that could use polishing is visible polygons on some circular shapes, for instance the circular sample stand and some of the shapes on the drawtube have some visible sharp edges, this may or may not be problem since if its gonna be viewed from some distance it wont be visible, so maybe add some edges for presentation purposes.
    And also there are some elements that have (imho) too much geometry, like bevel/chamfer on  circular stand, and the cylinder inside the stand, also some of the screws on the metal arm holding the lens have inconsistent amount of geometry.
    Generally if you have a big cylinder with for instance 12 sides, making another cylinder that is 2 or more times smaller in diameter and has 2x or more in geometry(sides) makes geometry inconsistent. Again this is my opinion, maybe there is a better guideline :)

But its a good model, and solid texturing, and the production time is fast so good job :D

• YF_Sticks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YF_Sticks polycounter lvl 5
    Really like the model! As @Zodd mentioned, the circular shapes have some sharp, visible edges. I know baking can be difficult and I try to get better at it as well. For me it worked to make the Low-Poly cylinder have a bit more edges, just to give it a clear roundness and help the bake.
    As far as texturing, you did a great job. I didn't look at reference, maybe some parts are a bit too glossy and could use more rougness? 
    Otherwise, great job man! Keep posting your stuff :) 

• Riahh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Riahh polycounter lvl 2
    thank you guys for your tips, I would do more attention for my next bake :smile: