Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Ynares - The Umbra Assassin

null
Offline / Send Message
Paillard null
First post, yay! :D

Hello everyone! I recently started working on this hand painted character. Since I suck at concept art, I decided to start blocking the shapes, unwrapping and painting some colors as I progressed further with the modeling (crazy workflow, I guess? lol). Also, I rigged and posed her pretty quickly just to get out of the boring default A pose. So, right now I'm more concerned with her design and colors rather than topology, of course I will optimize it later. I'm thinking about laying down some red colors over the costume to enhance the "assassin" look I'm going for.

Obs.: I haven't put much work on the hands and legs yet.
Feedback is more than welcome! :)

Replies

• Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Hey! I would add a couple more edge loops to the elbow. Just having one destroys the shape when the arm is bent.

Also, not sure what's happening with your rig, but you need twist bones in the forearm, so that when the wrist twists, you can spread the twist in the topology all the way up the forearm. That way it's not such a pinch to the wrist.
  • Kiyamlol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kiyamlol polycounter lvl 12
    It seems very  old school than current gen, what style or platform are you going for? To me it looks very iphone.
  • Paillard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paillard null
    @Fomori
    You're right! I will fix the elbow, should be easy enough. About the rig... well, I think I'll do some search on twist bones. Thanks!

@Kiyamlol
    Oh, I forgot to say, this one is just a personal project :). I wanted to start this simple so I can change things easier as I decide about the design. When I'm happy with it, I may push forward and sculpt the details, bake the normals and work on the textures.
  • Paillard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paillard null
    Turned out that twist bones wasn't that complicated to setup. :smiley:

Sculpting time!

I spent the last few days struggling to get this far and it's still wip. I left the breasts a bit squashed on purpose, considering the clothing.
    I'm in doubt about the hair now... whether I should do hair cards or sculpted hair. I'm open for suggestions!