Home Adobe Substance

Can't make this pattern.

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
SimãoSilva polycounter lvl 8
I've started learning Substance designer and wanted to make a certain pattern, I've made the sample but now i have to remake it so that i can mask it off one by one and not four by four.

Pattern Sample :

Pattern I want to make :

I have been trying to use the tile Sampler but no luck there, i need to make it so i can mask off individual squares to reveal the texture behind of concrete that i got going.

Thank you all in advance !

Replies

• Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    You're not very clear here, but:
    go back into your graph and isolate out the parts that do a black and white mask, and use that instead of this colored version. 
    Then to do that flipped and mirrored version there's "Symmetry" and "Mirror| nodes in the library, which you can combine with Transform 2D, that should be a simple way of creating this.
  • SimãoSilva
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SimãoSilva polycounter lvl 8
    Thank you ! yeah i was being pretty dumb, what i wanted to do is have the pattern in a way so that i could mask off random squares, just like random masking in a sampler, so what i did i use the image with the pattern already made in a sampler and another sampler as a mask and blended them together, ended up working pretty well !

• Clark Coots
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    Should use just a regular Tile Sampler, not Tile Sampler Color for your Mask.

Additionally if your original Bitmap was 1/4 of the pattern, you could use the random mask in the original sampler without the need for a second one as the mask. If you don't have the ability to make the bitmap 1/4 the pattern in an external application, you can do it in substance with a Transform 2D Node: x2