pascalie polycounter lvl 2
hello animator 
please i need yours opinon and critique on this shot
thanks for support

Replies

• tholmes3d
    Offline / Send Message
    tholmes3d polycounter lvl 11
    I can't fully understand the dialogue but just from his body language, I feel like we've all had those moments while working on an animation :)

Overall the biggest thing that sticks out to me is that I can see where your keys are. Most of the actions with the body will move and then when they are done moving, stop and stay completely still. Make sure that you are easing in and out of motions, and that you keep the body alive. That's not to say that things always need to be moving, but right now things look blocky. This happens all throughout the scene, from the facial expression @ 2 sec, to the arm/body motions.
    Ex. @ 7 seconds, the right arm does a weird motion before it stays completely still for 7 more seconds. Once I see that weird motion, my brain doesn't think, "oh he's just resting that hand". I think, "that hand is animated weird", because the last thing I saw wasn't convincing, and now it's not moving at all

The other thing that stick out is that his acting feels a bit weird in places. The two spots I notice are his head motion during his first dialogue @10 sec. It seems like he's using a lot of effort talking, which doesn't make sense because he's not actually talking to anybody so there's no reason for him to use that much effort.  The other spot that sticks out is when he holds up two fingers @18 sec. Again, that is an action that he might do if he were talking to somebody else, but since he's alone it feels forced. If you REALLY want to have him hold up two fingers, then I would make it secondary to an action which is primarily showing emotion. An example, if he were angry, instead of shaking his fist at the computer (an emotion gesture he would do while alone), he could shake a fist with his two fingers extended. The primary action is still an emotional one so it's more believable.
  • pascalie
    Offline / Send Message
    pascalie polycounter lvl 2