Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Idle break - Critique wanted please

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
LeeMeredith polycounter lvl 7
Hello everyone, I haven't animated in a few months due to burnout but now I'm feeling good and want to get back to animating, I've animated an idle break using the Goblin rig Dancoo posted in community rigs and resources.

It's pretty much my first time creating this kind of animation which shows just how much I stick to my comfort zone, time to break out of it.

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/c2629f8fa68e/#324142

I appreciate any critique given, I feel like my burnout break clouded over a lot of what I've learned but it's slowly coming back.

Replies

• LeeMeredith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've had some critique saying the ending really lets it down, so I'm trying to make it more interesting/better - so far I've added a more of a "enjoyment" of the sniff but I'm still working on it. I've added it to that synchsketch as "Earpickv2"  There's spacing issues that I'm aware of but is this more interesting/does it work? 
  • Rmunday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rmunday polycounter lvl 9
    I would say to push the "Gross" nature maybe have him tongue his finger instead? Never thought I would type that here...

Or even suck on it, get all that juicy wax off?
  • LeeMeredith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rmunday said:
    I would say to push the "Gross" nature maybe have him tongue his finger instead? Never thought I would type that here...

Or even suck on it, get all that juicy wax off?
    Aw man I didn't even realise there were facial controls...I'm a fool, I'll play around with him licking or sucking his finger!

Thanks.
  • LeeMeredith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Added "Earpickv3" to my synchsketch getting more interesting I think, any critique welcome.
  • AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    haha. this is pretty funny.

You could really amp up the sniff. If he enjoys the smell, maybe get him up on his toes and stretch his spine. get a good long sniff.

Right now, after he eats it, there is no reaction as to whether he likes it or no. Judging from his appearance, maybe he does like it... but if he doesn't, you could throw in a quick head shake or shudder. Something small, nothing too big but some kind of reaction.

• LeeMeredith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha. this is pretty funny.

You could really amp up the sniff. If he enjoys the smell, maybe get him up on his toes and stretch his spine. get a good long sniff.

Right now, after he eats it, there is no reaction as to whether he likes it or no. Judging from his appearance, maybe he does like it... but if he doesn't, you could throw in a quick head shake or shudder. Something small, nothing too big but some kind of reaction.

That's a great idea, gonna stretch him right out and yeah in my mind he really enjoys the taste, so I'll figure out a way to show he enjoys it, maybe I can get him to lick his lips, not sure yet but I'll try!