Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] [WIP] House of Horrors: Fictional Haunted Attraction

First off, let me mention that I am practically an enthusiast when it comes to haunted attractions that pop up around halloween. I love them. This project is essentially taking that and bringing it to UE4, hopefully to become part of a game in the future. This is my first time using Substance Painter as well so any sort of critiques would be gladly appreciated.

House of Horrors is a scaremaze that features several areas based off your darkest phobias. This includes (but not limited) to ghosts, clowns, insects, claustrophobia and other fears that tie together as one chilling experience. In the end, this will be a project that you can explore both the shows-scenes as well as backstage areas.

The pictures below demonstrate some basic setup of the first few areas. Note that these rooms are missing plenty of props and will be updated overtime.

That's all for now! Can't way to show off more as I complete more of the map.

Replies

• hauntedmadness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Decided to work on some more assets for the project. These two stick out for me as I'm very satisfied with the end result, here they are:

And here's how they look in their respectable scenes:

With this last one, I'm curious if anyone knows a better way to give off the illusion that the bulbs themselves are emitting the light? Right now it's just a pointlight in the center and emission applied onto the material but it doesn't look all that great imo. Any help would be appreciated!