Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Endless CivilizationV-style fantasy world

maewyn
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
maewyn null
Hello everyone, I am working on game based on hexagonal procedural world. As well as endless) Current result one can see on video. There was no way to mount video with sound, so, please, turn on subtitles and enjoy music from free YouTube music library))

Video review:
On the video you can see the landscape generator which works in 3 modes. It right away generates and builds limited area, for example 100 on 100 tiles. Or generates an area but builds only those pieces (chunks) of landscape which user can see and remove irrelevant. In the 3 mode it does not generates anything and takes the information on the fly from endless noise and builds actual chunks. Landscape can be made endless detailed by increasing the density in the settings. This limited by performance and limit on tops in unity.

What is not shown:
·        Addition of any presets in project is automated and can be done with few button presses.
·        Path finding algorithm for units.
·        There is something else in deep of the project, but I don’t remember what))

Roadmap for the future:
·        Bake forests for various types of terrain.
·        Remake textures
·        Add tessellation
·        Add creation of big chunk textures as one of the generation variants.
·        Add city placing system
·        Add test units

Since I am working alone, basically at night after the main work, I did not have any time to make beautiful and various textures, presets etc. But everything is ready to add this items to the project. Because of that I am looking for people who would like to join.

I've decided to make game from this. After some work on gameplay this framework maybe will placed in Asset Store.But now you can write me if want to work with me)

This is what I want to see ideally:

The world with the simplest elements of fantasy at the beginning, which are progress through technology tree into complex elements, and changing gameplay for every progress branch.

For example, we are starting from simplest weather divination, lead the player on the branch through classic fantasy to Victorian era and steampunk. Another branch will be directed to communication with spirits, I don’t know where this can lead, if not to madness, maybe to some demons probably) Third branch lead to domestication of fantasy creatures, and fourth traditionally on inquisition and antimagic, etc. + separate progress tree for ordinary technologies.

Cities, as it should be in such games, occupy several cells. And live in them… people. I think game should be without races, but make generator of fractions like in Stellaris, where or computer specify everything, starting from name, relationships with neighbors, goals, mindset and type of fraction architecture. Can be more profitable to sell one fraction in month, like Firaxis, but something tells me that it’s better not to do so)

I want to have full rpg characteristics for each citizen which defines how he do his work. And heroes with generated legends and perks like in crusader kings.

If  you want to know more contact me in skype femto64