Home Career & Education

Rates discussion (moved from Freelance section)

admin
Offline / Send Message
System admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: [HIRING] Need modeler to create playermodels for Garry's Mod.

Replies

• AlexGabriel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexGabriel polycounter lvl 11
    It seems you spelled $24000 wrong.
  • CaptainSnyder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm willing to negotiate my price, but I still need to find someone, first.
  • dystopianghost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dystopianghost polycounter lvl 10
    Alright guys, I spoke with this guy through steam try to go easy on him he seems like a nice guy just wants to have his own mod up and running. I let him know his pricing was way off for professionals, I also let him know he might be better off just buying an asset pack of some kind if he really can't increase the budget. I was honestly just trying to help him realize what all went into the process and the hours that it would take for 48 models. I guess he found some guy on here that might be willing to do it, can't say I have heard the user name around though, but who knows. Anyways Good Luck @CaptainSnyder
  • CaptainSnyder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you. I have decided to take out half the models, as to make it a bit more reasonable and fair
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moderator note:

If you want to debate a thread publicly, this section of the forum is not the right place for it. This may seem counter-intuitive, as this is a forum after all. However this section is for employers to post jobs. 

Polycount does not pass value judgements on job posters nor on job seekers. This is not our role, nor can it be. We do moderate obvious scams or spam. However it is ultimately up to each job seeker to evaluate each job offer, to decide if the terms match their particular needs. 

When members critique job posts, the ensuing discussions distract everyone from the purpose of the section. Usually this causes the poster to be discouraged from posting future jobs.

It's important to realize this is a global forum; rates are not the same everywhere. It is your responsibility as individual professionals to evaluate the client, and decide if their rate matches yours. 

We want to keep things focused on what these sections are for... employers seeking talent and artists seeking work. We feel the employment sections are best for all when they're kept on-topic. 

If you wish to discuss the merits of a particular post, make a new thread in General Discussion, and add a link. As long as things are kept professional and within our forum guidelines, we welcome discussion.
  • dystopianghost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dystopianghost polycounter lvl 10
    @Eric Chadwick  I wasn't trying to critique the job post I was actually trying to help the guy out, and help find him a solution so he would want to come back and use polycount again. :) Sorry if it felt like I was critiquing him wasn't my intent. 

• Navigator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Navigator polycounter lvl 6
    I think that a professional wage for artist from an employer that is US based would be on topic. I doubt that anyone will take this job but surely No one would create and rig character models for $15 each. Like Ghost123328 said this pricing is way off and I believe that when you are seeking employment, money is a huge factor.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a US based site, but with a global reach. If we were to enforce US rates, that would alienate many valuable users from other countries with different living wage standards.

I understand there's a discussion to be had here. However the job subforum is the wrong place to continue.

Splitting this off into a new Topic in Career & Education, where you are entirely encouraged to discuss this topic freely!