Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Knight

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Bar0n polycounter lvl 9
Hello this is my latest project inspired by the amazing concept of Kim Jongeun which you can find here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/0K3vY

This was done over a week period

Polycount: 34582 (40607 with fur cards) 
Separate texture sets for base mesh and armor, plus dirt/gore variation texture.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Is there a skin shader applied to the face?  The screenshots make then out to be "plastic" in terms of surface quality.  The metal looks like it's rendered well.

The eyes are reading flat; they're not taking into account the shape that it becomes when it reaches the pupil area.

Needs an eye wetness at the bottom of the eyes.

Eyebrows looked caked on, not like small hairs.

The eyes could use some top AO to add some depth to them.

Her beauty pose is a little too far bent backwards compared to the original concept art.  She could be leaned forward a bit more.
  • Bar0n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bar0n polycounter lvl 9
    Is there a skin shader applied to the face?  The screenshots make then out to be "plastic" in terms of surface quality.  The metal looks like it's rendered well.

The eyes are reading flat; they're not taking into account the shape that it becomes when it reaches the pupil area.

Needs an eye wetness at the bottom of the eyes.

Eyebrows looked caked on, not like small hairs.

The eyes could use some top AO to add some depth to them.

Her beauty pose is a little too far bent backwards compared to the original concept art.  She could be leaned forward a bit more.
    Thank you for your reply. The face has a light Subsurface Scatter map, but as you said I should work a bit more on that.

The eyes are just a simple sphere flattened a bit around the pupil, I wanted to try to get the eye without wetness or another additive sphere around it, but maybe I should reconsider my choice.

Yeah I agree she's bent a bit backwards compared to the concept but I kinda liked it like that, so I kept it, maybe I'll try to make another similar and choose afterwards which one I like more.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I appreciated it!
  • Bar0n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bar0n polycounter lvl 9
    Ok based on you feedback I changed a bit ny textures. I worked only on textures for now because i didn't want to add extra geometry for now.
    I made eybrows hair strands softer and smaller and added AO on the eyes.
    I still need to play a bit with subsurface scatter.