Home Career & Education

Help me to get educational course on Indiegogo

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
dlinzp polycounter lvl 3
Hello everybody!

I want to create AAA games such as Call of Duty, Fallout, Doom, Mass effect, Wolfenstein etc. Please help me to improve my skills. I created campaign on Indiegogo, you can donate there.
Here is link: 
https://www.generosity.com/education-fundraising/i-want-to-create-aaa-games-for-you/x/18008864
If you have questions - feel free to ask.
Thank you all for help!

Replies

• radiancef0rge
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    Well that's a creative approach.
  • Jesse_Flores
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Wait...shouldnt you be the one spending the cash/time to invest in years of building the skills so that you can one day contribute as a member of a large team..over several years to make and ship a aaa game? 

Or did i miss the part where indiogo and a bit of cash lets you shortcut all that and create it as a one man team? Fuck, ive been doing it wrong for the last 10 years!
  • Br0ken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Br0ken polycounter lvl 3
    "6 years of experience as 3D artist" (from Artstation link) and you can't make some money to enroll in this course?  :o
  • dlinzp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dlinzp polycounter lvl 3
    Oh с'mon guys, don't be so rude) First of all it's really expensive for me, salaries in my country are not big and I don't have now free money for that course. Second is that in my country there is no companies where I can learn that skills. And my 6 years of experience is nothing in real world. So maybe it is my chance to not give up and continue working.Thank you all for understanding. Don't judge me.
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Hmm...thinking laterally for a sec plus also taking into account your goal of USD$600, I would suggest networking or even search the local jobs market and apply for anything-'n-everything too fund your studies, rather than rely on crowd sourcing  your edu aspirations., that big fat zero donations say's it all.

For example salaries in my region (5th on the scale most expensive city Melbourne - Australia), especially for the  lower end 'services' industry such as Private Security where I currently hold down a bill paying job are an f'ing joke. You basically have to work 12+hr nightshifts per 5 day week at below award (...minimum) wage just to make ends meet i.e hard cover overhead, food on the table and transportation costs to and from work etc (...I have my own transport, fairly reliable car) coupled with a bit of freelancing on top of furthering my CG artistic progression.

It's far from an ideal situation but at the end of the day, being a creative artisan of any description,  in terms of reality, sacrifice IS the name of the game.    

So suck it up and get motivated, PERIOD.

• Markmars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Markmars triangle
    dlinzp
    this is a joke?
    Not funny.
    Do you understand that this is a great work
    (very Big work)
    Alone, you can not do anything.
    And you think to create a game of the company level?
    This is ridiculous.
    Tooltip
    (You need a lot of money. Understanding the whole process of creating a game and ...)
    It's time to understand.
    Teams make games.
  • dlinzp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dlinzp polycounter lvl 3
    Of course I understand that. I just want to become an quite good 3d artist to get a job in great company. This course will help me to do that. 
  • Markmars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Markmars triangle
    dlinzp
    strangely
    After all, the minimum salary is  1000 $
    if I am not mistaken
      for beginners
    which means 600 $
    No problem
     for someone who works in the company
  • dlinzp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dlinzp polycounter lvl 3
    dlinzp said:
    it's really expensive for me, salaries in my country are not big and I don't have now free money for that course. 

• NikhilR
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    NikhilR polycounter
    Most of what is taught in that course is available online for free.
    Also your portfolio is pretty good but limited in its scope. I believe its more your location that's making it difficult to get a permanent job.
    You could keep adding and diversifying your portfolio, or focus solely on guns in which case this is a guy you should try and match up to,
    https://www.artstation.com/lonewolf3d

If it were me, I would'nt focus solely on guns, its too limited a market.
  • dlinzp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dlinzp polycounter lvl 3
    thank you for your advice! 
  • jaker3278
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaker3278 polycounter lvl 8
    All you need is this tutorial by Tim Bergholz https://gumroad.com/timb 
    Its creating a AKM assualt rifle, he talks you though the whole process and its only $35. I watched it as one of my first tutorials and most of what i create today is based off of that one tutorial.