Home Adobe Substance

substance designer to ue4 normal whitout blue channel!!!!!!!

FastFood
null
Offline / Send Message
FastFood null
 This is the normal map in SD.
This is the normal map in ue4 no blue channel

PS:I just import the sbsar file into ue4 and use default setting, I don`t know Why is it so.[/b]
Help me please~ thank you!!

Replies

• Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    We can't see the properties of your normal output node nor the properties of the texture in UE4 in your cropped screenshots. Could you post the full version please?
  • FastFood
    Offline / Send Message
    FastFood null
    Jerc said:
    We can't see the properties of your normal output node nor the properties of the texture in UE4 in your cropped screenshots. Could you post the full version please?
    OH  I`m sorry  i forgot to upload that

This is normal output properties in Substance Designer

This is normal texturet properties in ue4

May be i do something wrong please tell me.
    Thank you!!
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    This is an issue with how Unreal generates and displya previews and thumbnails of Substance outputs in the content browser. 
    We are looking at ways to fix it, but in the meantime you shouldn't have any issue using these normal maps in your project. It's only a display issue in the editor, it will work fine when used in a material.
  • FastFood
    Offline / Send Message
    FastFood null
    Jerc said:
    This is an issue with how Unreal generates and displya previews and thumbnails of Substance outputs in the content browser. 
    We are looking at ways to fix it, but in the meantime you shouldn't have any issue using these normal maps in your project. It's only a display issue in the editor, it will work fine when used in a material.
    OH Thank you!!   
    I am very grateful to you!!