Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Dragon Animation

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
MIKENTNZ polycounter lvl 3
Started messing around with this dragon rig and made a pretty simple animation with it. The animation has no effects, but at the end of the animation  the dragon is supposed to be breathing fire. I would appreciate any feedback and thanks in advance for looking at my work. I'll leave the link below.

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/8bf1252144cd/

Replies

• LluisCavalcanti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try to make some narrative or rhythm in your piece. It feels way too long, there are parts where the audience is literally waiting for the next move to happen.
    The start is too soft, make him look like he is bitting. Look at real animals eating, they are quite sharp on their movements to tear the flesh apart.
    Pose and arm movements afterwards are soft and weak instead of powerful and heavy as that dragon would be. Add some sharp movements to the body to show weight, as well as doing weight transfers from one arm to the other.
    380-530 pose is flat towards the camera.
    Fire-breathing moment lacks power, and previous to that try to get an angry look at some objective that the dragon is going to attack.
  • MIKENTNZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MIKENTNZ polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks for the feedback. I have not had a lot of time to work on my animation, but I have done some cleaning up on it. As for the camera I moved it around, but it is not how I plan on leaving it. As always any feedback is appreciated.

• AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    My overall note is everything feels too slow and lethargic. There is no speed variation, it's very even. I get that he's big and will move slower overall but that doesn't mean there can#t be any quicker movements peppered in there.

It may take longer for him to speed up but he still can get up to that speed.