Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Animation

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] - KA

Kassandraws
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Kassandraws polycounter lvl 3

Hello!

I’m late to the game but determined to finish this one out! In addition to the run cycle, I think I’d like to tackle a recall animation!

I will be using the Lyette rig by Kiel Figgins: https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-rig-animation-1238165

Lyette’s design reminded me of the Merchant job from Ragnarok Online because each character has a bag of some sort, and the Merchant eventually becomes an Alchemist (that utilizes potions), so I decided that I wanted to make Lyette a potions student/apprentice! She will probably hold a potion in one hand like Mad Scientist Ziggs, but it would be a healing potion instead.

Her design is a bit anime/JRPG-inspired, so I wanted to look at anime for personality and movement inspiration.

Personality wise, I imagine her to be a determined heroine like Sailor Moon, Akko (Little Witch Academia), and many of the Ghibli main characters. Similarly to Sailor Moon and Akko, she is a bit of a klutz, but she is not one to give up easily. She specializes in healing/support potion making because she loves helping people and wants to make everyone happy! :blush:

For her run cycle, I will take inspiration from Sailor Moon/Usagi’s “late-for-school” run, and I will study Ghibli and anime show characters’ runs to add a bit of breakup in the cycle (stumbling, etc. to showcase a bit of clumsiness).

My recall animation idea involves her taking (magical teleportation) potions out of her bag and throwing them on the ground to activate them. The first potion doesn’t work, so she has to dig out her bag until she finds the right one to recall back to base! I want to make the animation have some anime humor to it (I’m reminded of Fullmetal Alchemist and Little Witch Academia comedic points, snappy, silly poses), if that makes any sense, we’ll see where I can take it!

Next step will be to block out the run cycle and sketch out a plan of the recall animation!