Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

I need critique - These designs are good enough for a university video game project ?

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
PianoPolish polycounter lvl 8
Hi...

I created some designs for a university video game project(I choose CEV as game engine), but I was trying to make something simple to save a lot time(I need to work in other projects for differents class too like 2d animations, short films, photography, etc), and I only have 4 months left to finish them.

The concept and story of the game are strongly based on the Portal games>>>> 

This one above was discarded, creating a detailed terrain desert with sand dunes will take much time and work.

First characters designs, they were modified with the time

I will thank a lot your criticism, sorry for the large images.

I don't why the page don't resize them for a appropriate look 

Cheers   n_n

Replies

• Daruxial
    Offline / Send Message
    Daruxial polycounter lvl 6
    Hello! :) I think they all look great however I think cleaning them up with a few techniques would push them to a more high quality , What software did you use to make these? Caus in photoshop there is a tool called the Lasso tool /Polygonal Lasso Tool which would be perfect for cleaning up edges or defining shapes as brushes don't compare. You could use some rendering techniques too ,to add more atmostphere like colour dodge , I suggest watching how some Artist's draw like 'RossDraws' etc and try to do what they do , theres a lot of digital painting tutorials on youtube just have to find the right one. ^^ 
    I made some quick adjustments to 2 art of yours as an example, I suggest also using different brushes like the chalk brush and a mixture between hard and soft brushes. Umm .. Yeah basically on these two I just refined/defined the shapes more using the Lasso Tool as well as Adjust/push those colour's a bit more, A little streak of the colour dodge tool and Cast Shadows to hit the feet. :) hope this helps.