Home Technical Talk

vanishing point filter, change the brush type, cs5 ?

EVF
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
EVF polycounter lvl 3
Hello all :) Happy new roman calendar year!
I have a question a bout the vanishing point filter in photoshop cs5.
Is there a way for me to change the brush tip in there? to a flat calligraphy brush for example.
Or any other way to bind a brush to a perspective point, if I want to make a bunch of little hanging tents over windows on a big wall with one stroke each, flat brush again.
Thanks in advance for any help :)

Replies

• RN
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    Hi @EVF, I don't think there's a way to change the brush preset in there. The docs only mention basic settings like size, hardness and opacity.

So if I had to do the same (to draw in perspective), I would try one of these ways:
    A) In the Vanishing Point editor, set the planes as usual and then set a very small brush size and roughly sketch the outlines of what you want. Outside of the editor (back into normal PS mode), use that rough sketch as a reference and carefully paint the polished version with your favourite brush presets as usual.

B⁠) On a layer, paint what you want but as seen straight ahead, from the front (so no perspective).
    Then use the freeform transformation (Ctrl + T) and then (Ctrl + click-drag) the corners of the transform control and distort that layer into perspective and place it where you want.
    Another way to do the same is to copy and paste that layer into the Vanishing Point editor, and then distort it from there (using the planes you built).
  • EVF
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    @RN thanks a lot for the suggestions :) , I'll probably end up rendering the grids to photoshop and carefully drawing.
    Cheers!