Home Technical Talk

What is the best way to rig this model?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Bar0n polycounter lvl 9
Hopefully it's the right section, but i wanted to rig my model in order to pose it propoerly.

I'm not a rigger, as usually I rig my characters with Quick rig or Mixamo then I fix what I need in order to pose it how I want, but given that this has some hard pieces and some long clothing I want to know what's the best way. I'm very willing to learn so if someone can point me in the right direction would be awesome.

model

Replies

• Prot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prot polycounter lvl 6
    Hi,

For the "yellow tails" behind your chara, I will say you can do some FK rig like dog tail :  (on maya, not mine. You can also find the same for 3DS Max) so you can keep control on that.

For the shoulders parts, you can skin on your arm, the cloth will follow it. Maybe add some front and behind bones to keep a little control in case of, if it's juste for posing.

For the "skirt" part, you can try this kind : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzrETjZ7S1c (on maya again and not mine again). You could try to use some cloth simulation too if you want more realistic reaction for your posing.

• Bar0n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bar0n polycounter lvl 9
    Hello, thank you for your suggestion, I'm gonna start experimenting with these as soon as I can