Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Project NEONLIGHT - My Galactic Tale

CharacterCarl
greentooth
Offline / Send Message
CharacterCarl greentooth

Hi Polycount,
this is my Bachelor's project. I'll be using music and story from the "My Galactic Tale" LP by Neonlight to generate designs and flesh out one scene from the story. Their music has always been a huge inspiration for me. The LP is especially interesting in the way that each track represents a story beat in a small sci-fi novel that was written as a foundation for the album. My goal is to fully realize the one character inside a small environment in Unreal 4.

Story Synopsis

When the discovery of a new energy source threatens to destroy an entire solar system, a team of scientists and an ex-commander join forces in search of a remedy. Their journey takes them to an unknown planet where they face a strong opponent. Struggling to escape, our heroes have to find a way back home.

Character

Jack Leinad - An infamous ex-commander haunted by his past.
Living in secrecy for years, he was a broken man, once proud and renowned, who drowned his internal conflict with every substance he could get his hands on. He had been given a chance to reclaim his honour.

Progress

So far, I've done a lot of sketches for the commander. Instead of rendering out a nice 2D color concept, I decided to move on to 3D and figure out the final design there. The deadline is very tight, considering I also have to tackle some school-work in the meantime (write research paper, documentation, etc.). However, I should have time to polish after the initial deadline. So, if I can't implement any feedback by then, I might hopefully get to do so later.
Deadline: 15th February 2018

Replies