VertyVertVert

VertyVertVert
polycounter lvl 6

Replies

• CybranM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    Looks great, its a bit more beige than in the reference but im assuming thats intentional.
  • VertyVertVert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VertyVertVert polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you very much, and yeah the lighting direction and look is intentional. I wanted a warm 'afternoonish' feel for the scene. 
  • Elena_24
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elena_24 vertex
    This looks amazing, as someone who visited  Versailles and was stunned by its beauty, I instantly clicked on the topic to take a look :) .  I'm a noob and wish to reach this level of modelling and texturing some day, so can't really critique your work =) . But I am curious at how much  time did you spend building it and what modelling software did you use ?
  • VertyVertVert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VertyVertVert polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you very much for the kind words Elena, I've been working on this now for the last couple of months. There's a fair number of modules and bits and pieces to do as you can imagine, and trying to recreate everything as accurately with the correct proportions turns into a bit of a time sink.

That said, the main modelling software I use is Maya, and the sculpting done in ZBrush. I use Knald and Marmoset Toolbag (default) to bake Normals, AO etc. Texturing wise, I use Substance Painter for unique textures, and Substance Designer and DDO to create tileables. Everything is finally stitched together in UE4.

I hope that answers some of your questions.