Home Marmoset

Issue with camera clipping in marmoset viewer on artstation

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
NikhilR polycounter
Hello,
I am seeing camera clipping meshes into view in my marmoset viewer file on artstation. The white shirt underneath is clipping through the green jacket.

The clipping reduces as I approach the model and gets worse as I go far away
At first I thought it was the model scale, so I scaled up the model, but the problem persists. 

This does not happen in Marmoset toolbag 3.02 and I get a perfect realtime render with no clipping whatsoever at any distance.

Currently camera fov in marmoset toolbag is set to 50, if I lower it the clipping gets worse in the viewer upload. If I raise it it makes no difference.
Any help is appreciated! 

Replies

• whitevoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi friend I work with alembic files for animation and I have the same problem I think with camera clipping plan in marmoset 3.03 I cant work with it its horrible I cant do a  large view for exemple eyes or nose ... and the best in google nothing found about this !!! redshift is better test it fast and easy.
  • DJShenanigans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DJShenanigans polycounter lvl 7
    I have nearly the same exact problem and have yet to find any solutions. Commenting on this thread to hopefully see some solutions in the future.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Adjust the near and far clips planes on the camera. 

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator

There are actually many more possible reasons for viewer clipping plane issues.

-1. Check your clipping values on your camera (try a smaller number then 1) as mentioned above.

-2. Check the SCALE of things.

a. Scene scale (turn the reference on with the gear icon in the upper right corner)

b. Object Scale (This one that got me recently was making the shadow catcher too big which is tricky because its mostly invisible).

-3. Try using a different Camera (Create a new one).