Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Troll - Game Character

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
FJuste vertex
Hi guys, I would like to share a wip of a personal project I am currently working on with mentorship by André Rossetto. I just finished the Highpoly and now I´m beginning the retopology and UV´s. It is based on a concept by Joseph Weston. Tips and comments are really welcome. Thank you!

Replies

• dGreenberg
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    Damn those armor pieces look awesome, @FJuste! It's really nice seeing a different looking troll from the traditional cookie-cutter "look." How do you think you'll be approaching the hair or the fuzzier cloth pieces with the low poly topology? Things look really cool so far, so it'll definitely be interesting to see the game-res model with textures. 
  • jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    this guy reminds me a lot of tsomething that would show up in War for Mordor.  Great job!
  • FJuste
    Offline / Send Message
    FJuste vertex
    Damn those armor pieces look awesome, @FJuste! It's really nice seeing a different looking troll from the traditional cookie-cutter "look." How do you think you'll be approaching the hair or the fuzzier cloth pieces with the low poly topology? Things look really cool so far, so it'll definitely be interesting to see the game-res model with textures. 
    Thank you @dGreenberg , and sorry for taking so long to reply!
    It was one of the reasons I chose this concept, it is a Troll with goblin ears, werewolf feet and a reptile tail!
    About the hair, well, that is a good, one that I still don´t know the answer! haha! But that is one of the things that made me like this model, I am learning so much while doing it. I will have to study some options for it and if it works I will be more than happy to share the process here!
  • FJuste
    Offline / Send Message
    FJuste vertex
    this guy reminds me a lot of tsomething that would show up in War for Mordor.  Great job!
    Thanks @jose.fuentes , hopefully one day I will be able to actually do a character for a game like this!!! :D