Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zbrush Lion/Deer Hybrid Render - "The Burden of Knowing"

rose_moth
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
rose_moth vertex
One day long ago, God looked upon His creations. With distaste, He noticed the lion’s fire and the deer’s fragility. How could he make them understand one another’s plight? In an act neither blessing nor curse, He decided to fuse them into one. Thus, the two exist destined to either love or destroy the other.

What does it mean to feel both aggression and meekness? Power and fear? Which side dominates within humanity and within yourself? Can the two coexist in harmony, teaching the other, or does one destroy the other, as a predator to prey? With this project, I explore the relationship of a hybridized, sentient creature-- one that exists in a permanently dissonant state. What does it take to coexist, and what is the cost?

I yearn to understand humans and the wars that rage within us all, the wars that allow us to quietly consume ourselves.

----

A piece I sculpted for my senior visual seminar. Inspired by biblical allegory, nature, and the wars that rage within our very souls. Created in Zbrush, rendered in Arnold, compiled in Premiere.
Watch the high quality turnaround here: https://youtu.be/jGVmaVwRs_c

Replies