Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Creating a human inside out

Hi there!

For a video game project I am currently creating a human including organs, skeleton etc. As I just finished the sculpt of the skeleton I am looking for some feedback on the anatomy.

Anyways, here are some renderings:

More can be found over at my artstation. C&C welcome! (:

Replies

• Larry
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    You can easily make that being as neutral as possible and end up making different kinds of people out of that one model, being anatomically real, and sell that model for quite an amount of money
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Good job on the skeleton - its hard subject to sculpt right 
    I have marked few things that your should revisit in your sculpt 
    I would suggest you check some of Bammes skeletal drawings 

• AMajesticSeaFlapFlap
    Thanks! I revisited some of the parts that you pointed out. For the skull I tried to hold back the brush intensities in order to not make it look to sculpty, that probably made it look as flat as it does. This project has a somewhat tight deadline, so I will revisit the rest of the mesh for polishing once this project is over. For now I have to finish the retopo/unwrapping of the skeleton. Here is an updated screenshot:

Especially the proportions of the bones are something I will definitely try to fix, for now they are created to fit the skin (a basemesh I pulled from makehuman due to the tight deadline). I also had a look at some of Bammes drawings. Really good reference for the general shape! Thanks (:

For the rest of the human I started creating the organs. It was surprisingly hard to find good references on those as they are not included in the anatomy books that I used for the skeleton ):

Feedback very welcome! (:

• AMajesticSeaFlapFlap
    Retopologized the skeleton and organs and applied some textures to them:

C&C welcome! (:
  • AMajesticSeaFlapFlap
    Haven't had time to work on this project in a while, some updates on the skull (retopologized it again as I wasnt too fond of the mesh before and did another sculpting pass) and the organs:

C&C welcome! (: I will try and tackle the muscles and rest of the bones next (will be a lot of retopo work to get the flow right).
  • AMajesticSeaFlapFlap
    Soo.. after not working on this project for a while I continued with the rest of the skeleton. I have resculpted the spine, adding two missing vertebrae and trying to get the shape right:

Feedback is highly appreciated! :D

• florianmking
    great work man, i think you should check the change of planes on the tibia (nit-picking)
  • AMajesticSeaFlapFlap
    After working on the skeleton a bit more I decided it was at a point where I could call it finished. I rendered out several views of it:

I also uploaded it to my artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/GXZ814 I might continue with the rest of the human eventually but for now I will focus on other projects.