Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest 2017] Atlantean/Deep Sea Ahri [INCOMPLETE]

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
CobaltCC polycounter lvl 2
Hello everyone! I'm very new to Polycount so please forgive me if this post is a mess hahaha. I completely reworked my original idea to create an Aurelion Sol skin and changed it to an Atlantean/Deep Sea Ahri. I brainstormed a bunch of ideas and people on my social media accounts seemed to like this one the most! I'll try to update with progress as frequently as I can!

Replies

• CobaltCC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are some of the images I've been using for reference and inspiration (moodboard).

• FirDrawsStuff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FirDrawsStuff polycounter lvl 3
    That's an amazing idea! Love it!!!
  • CobaltCC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you so much! I'm so glad :)
  • CobaltCC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is my (very rough) initial concept design. I may come up with another or experiment with some colors once I receive feedback.

• CobaltCC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I came up with 3 color schemes. In general people seem to like the 3rd one, but I'd appreciate recommendations for color changes or which one of these works the best before I begin the splash art. 
  • TempestWorks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TempestWorks triangle
    Good color choices so far! 3 looks the strongest to me so far.

Personally, I think that the gold could be a touch more vibrant. The other deep sea skins also have a lot of black elements- maybe play with using black/ dark dark blue as an accent color instead of the teal to make her seem more from the trenches of the deep. I also want her hair to be blue pretty badly. 

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to this!
  • CobaltCC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good color choices so far! 3 looks the strongest to me so far.

Personally, I think that the gold could be a touch more vibrant. The other deep sea skins also have a lot of black elements- maybe play with using black/ dark dark blue as an accent color instead of the teal to make her seem more from the trenches of the deep. I also want her hair to be blue pretty badly. 

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to this!
    Thank you so much for the feedback! I will definitely brighten up the gold as that's something I noticed when looking back at this. I think the hair was kind of a last minute thought and I didn't think about changing the color of it. I was imagining a sort of dark blue with brighter ends similar to Syndra. I'll definitely take this into consideration :) 
  • osvaldo_pasillas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a great idea!!
  • CobaltCC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a great idea!!
    Thank you! I appreciate it :D
  • CobaltCC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started splash thumbnails. I'd appreciate feedback!
    EDIT: I think I've found a pose I like similar to Arclight Vayne that shows off Ahri's tails while still looking like she's swimming. I'll post it once I've got it blocked in but I think I'm going with it.
  • CobaltCC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm back! I don't think I'll be able to finish this in time for the contest deadline, but I'm working hard to get it done eventually :) Here are basic colors laid out. I am still working to increase the dynamic of the tails and overall position. I plan to also do a grayscale rendering to establish proper lighting. I changed colors using some advice to make the hair blue and the clothing have more blacks instead of teal. Feedback is appreciated! 

• CobaltCC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is where I got to with my piece. I knew I wasn't going to finish because I'm just so busy and did not have much time to perfect it. However, I am still working on it and I'll finish it eventually. I threw a tail in there just to show what it kind of will look like.

• CobaltCC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know I'm incredibly late but I'm still going to update this post with my final piece since it's actually finished!