Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Character Art - DEATH SWORN - DR. MUNDO

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi everyone! 
So I've been really looking forward to getting involved with this competition, hope i'm not too late!

One of my favourite champions on league is Dr. Mundo.  I've always wished he had some more interesting skins to choose from, something Intimidating perhaps... 
I really liked the look of the Death Sworn skins for Viktor, Katarina and Zed so I decided to design one for Mundo around that theme. 

Along with the skin I imagined how his abilities could be styled to fall in line with the new aesthetic and colour scheme... If I have time I'd like to illustrate this.

Q - I imagined he was some kind of soul harvester who hurls ethereal blades at his foes sapping their energy and slowing their pace, while returning some soul essence he spent in the conjuring of his weapon. 

W - Mundo channels the souls of his vanquished foes into burning balls of plasma that encircle him and burn all that enter Aura. 

E - roughly the same the same with some particle changes.

R - I thought visually it would make sense that Mundo begins to draw life force from the environment around him, in the form of hellish wisps that fly towards him from all directions while active, and become absorbed by him (possibly interacting with specific area's of the armour?)  

This is my first sketch just loosely blocking out some shapes and trying to find a silhouette that matches him best, 
At this stage the Armour is very subject to change but I welcome any feedback on it! :)  I've started to block out the sculpt to continue concepting in 3D, so expect progress soon I hope.

Thanks and best of luck to everyone else! Some incredible entries already 

Replies