please i need your feedback, opinon and critique on this shot
thank for support

Link  :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2CYMAenG7M

Replies

• Forever
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Forever polycounter lvl 3
    Hey Pascalie, so I've just viewed your shot a few times. 

- A lot of the squash and stretch on the watchman I can see. I don't want to see it. I want to feel it! It's on screen for too many frames to the point where it looks like he's made of rubber aha. 

- His reaction to the ball hitting him is a bit off. Something hits you in the side of the head, my first reaction would be to throw my arms up in the air to get it to not hit me again, but he just grabs onto the side of the chair. It feels like a weak acting choice to me personally. 

- I'd also say he recovers from being hit a bit too quick and he jumps too quick. I also scrubbed through frame by frame and found the actual jump a little awkward too. Like, theres not a lot of push from the legs for him to get that high. While the arms do help this bit a little, I think the anticipation is either too quick or not enough. 

- You could try having him blink once or twice after the balls hit him to give the idea that he's not sure if he's awake. 

- Give the ball some squash and stretch, especially when it hits him. It comes off really hard at the moment as if it could be enough to knock him out aha. But then it bounces so we know it's not super hard, but because we're not focusing there, the audience will lose that detail on the first watch through. 

- I like your holds near the middle of the shot. They're nice, nice poses and such. I don't like that he looks the right way to start with, the way he was hit, and then the wrong way, that seems a little pointless to me. You could have him double take, that could help a lot in this case, but I'm not sure what you could do to make it feel better. He actually sees the ball rolling away at one point, so the looking the other way in the pose he does, doesn't make a ton of sense to me. 

- I also like the hat flying away, lovely little detail, but I'd also watch the squash and stretch thing I mentioned earlier. 

- While I do like your holds, I think they're a little too stiff in some circumstances. Make sure you have moving holds, even if the knees are shaking or the hand is moving the torch a little. Even him breathing heavier from the fright would really help your holds. 

Anyway, that's about all I've got for now. I wanted to touch on a lot of the broader stuff with your shot, which isn't too bad, while it doesn't seem like I dissected it, it's all in an attempt to help you get better! I can't want to see what you do with the shot from here, and keep up the good work!
  • pascalie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pascalie polycounter lvl 2
    ok thank for support